Thursday, March 18, 2010

Wednesday

Today was Tuesday's baby.

I woke up wednesday morning with a sore throat, a cough, and a running nose. I am now falling asleep with all the same. P.S. I went to the bathroom three times in the middle of the night.

Today I made it to work (on time). When I got there I found out I was on 3rd and 4th crew. This was cool cause I like sweeping and mopping and changing garbage cans, it's like they knew exactly like what I like wanted like and they like cared like what about like what I really wanted to do omg.

When I.
When I s.
When I st.
When I sta.
When I star.
When I start.
When I starte.
When I started cleaning on the fourth floor I was happy to discover myself doing the left side labs Yay my fave omg.

First lab I approach- "Warning, Lasers in use, do not enter without protection."

Okay phew I'm wearing my lucky rubber glove I just got out of that closet back there. Okay phew the giant red light above the door isn't flashing, which means lasers aren't in use. My eyes are happy.

Second lab- "DO NOT TURN ON THE LIGHTS. LIGHT REACTIVE COMPOSITIONS INSIDE."

Okay phew it's easier to clean up stuff in the pitch black with my laser eyes.

For the next 20 minutes I swept, de-trashed, and mopped my way through three labs with the "no lights" policy. In complete darkness I cleaned.

This darkness is the type of complete darkness that scares you. I could not see the hand in front of my face. How the. What. You. I. Enough has been said.

I run in to a lot of extremely socially awkward people on the job. Also a large portion of foreigners. Also a lot of large machinery and warnings that my face is going to burn if I touch this, or even that ('these janitors are so dumb stewey, we should totally put up signs for these dumb janitors, meh').

Imagine...a giant prison...full of traps...and the lights are sometimes off...and it's dirty, unless you clean it...and conversation is less than hahafable...and yeah that guy-I'm pretty sure he has showered, but it's still kind of up in the air.

Wo. You were just in...my shoes...


Today was Thursday's daddy.



No comments:

Post a Comment