Wednesday, March 10, 2010

Hello, Lee.

Wednesday often passes slower than other days.

On wednesday I have only one real class and no other serious obligations. No sooner had I woken up then seven o'clock rolled around.

Seven o'clock and hanging out in my room, eight o'clock and leaving my room for another's, nine o'clock and time to leave for the night.

During my eight to nine interval of visitation, I was sure to test out all beds visible to my then glassy eyes. By eight (after being awake for only 9.5 hours) I was ready to collapse. Luckily I have friends (what wouldn't I do with them).

What is hello but hey, and what is hey but 'Ha.' Ha, Lee. Lee like lye, lye like lie, and lie like leigh.

As I laid my head softly down on lee's bed, I realized how lucky I am. My life is unique, and completely wonderful.

Thank you friends and family and God for making my life what it is, and what it isn't.

Keeping my eyes half open, I listened as my friends talked, laughed, and sat quiet.

If you'd ever like to, just ask.

We'll go, we'll sit, we'll talk, we'll laugh, and then we'll just listen.

We'll sit quietly and hear it all.

Then we'll say, "Look at it. Look at it all."

And then we'll stand, staring at the stars, running new waters, weaving old string.

Hello, Lee.

No comments:

Post a Comment