Wednesday, March 31, 2010

Monkey Business

Today I had class student congress.

Today was fun.

A lot of times I find myself laughing incredibly hard at something no one else is laughing at. Me and my brother are very much the same in this way.

So this is how it happened, today.

I walked into class. Everyone rearranged their desks to accommodate for student congress debates. When we all got barely situated, one very odd kid, sitting 3 chairs to my left, who I will call Senator Condor, did something.

Remember, what he is about to do made me nearly sprinkle. Yes, sprinkle.

He announced to the entire class, "Is this anyone's banana?" as he pulled an old, brown+black banana off the ground from under his desk.

haha. Clearly that banana had been there for a while. Clearly the banana had no owner in the room. I lost it. It was such a funny situation. And if you could see Senator Condor, with his red hair, rectangular glasses, and nasally voice, you would laugh with me.

When his question was answered with nothing but silence (and my hysterical laughter(spurting-I was trying to contain it)) he proceeded to open the banana, and eat it. He assured us all that most people "waste them. Even though they're bad looking on the outside the inside is delicious."

As he placed the brown, bruised banana in his mouth, I though about how wonderful it might be to be socially awkward to the point of total ignorance of your awkwardness. I am fully aware that at times I'm can be awkward. We all can.

But then I thought, if I was unaware of my social awkwardness, then I wouldn't be able to enjoy these golden nuggets of inspirational awkwardness.

Don't be afraid to laugh at what other people say. It's fine. Just let them know you love them, and that what they said just made your day.

Most importantly, don't be afraid to laugh at yourself.

Quidditch is draining my funds. But hey, I've still got the job, and a pay check arrives 1 week from Friday. Hope I can make it.

1 comment:

  1. hahahah. you missed the part where he told me not to segregate. and then i apologized for being racist to black bananas. and i think he forgave me. and after eating the banana, he had someone bring the trash can over so he could throw away the peel.

    ReplyDelete