Wednesday, March 3, 2010

Warm and Cold

''Wow, am I really am on time? Nice.

Shorts? No. Pants. Check. Jacket? Hmm.''

We all make this decision everyday. What we wear depends (well (uh)) mostly on the weather (females..?)(sorry mom?).

When I checked the weather, I saw high 55. NICE. No jacket required.

What's great about the weather is the little pictures. They make it so easy. JUST LOOK AT THE LITTLE PICTURE. No problem right-WRONG!

I, unfortunately, did not look at this 88 pixel square. Much to my dismay, the weather called for a slight chance of rain and overcast skies.

On my walk to class I was happy; the air was warm, the sun was shining bright. As I walked from class an hour later the sky spit down on my stupidity, "Stupid boy, stupid boy!"

As I shivered my way back home, the company of a friend warmed me through the cold, keeping me smiling, laughing, distracted, all the way home.

When we make mistakes, we learn and persist, or we face the cold. Over the course of the long winter, I have weathered enough weather mistakes to have become unaware of the cold. My fingers, ears, and nose are permanently red and numb.

I don't think it's good.

If you have the opportunity to relieve yourself of a COLD situation, do it. Don't let it numb you.

I think I'd rather feel the cold then stay lukewarm.

I think I'd rather see, feel, and OVERCOME the cold before it overcomes me.

If you've noticed the warm lately, if you noticed the cold lately, you're doing fine.

Try to remember: the warm air should rise, the cold should fall.

No comments:

Post a Comment