Monday, March 8, 2010

Tying up Sunday.

I have a mild tie fetish. Consequently I have a medium rare tie collection. I say medium rare because the ties I own are all unique, though the most unique have been worn by others before me.

Wrapping my newest thrift store tie around my neck this Sunday, I realized that you can often determine someone's personality from the ties that they wear.

For example:
  • a solid color fat bottomed tie-they wanted to make sure they match well, but they're not willing to go any deeper into the fashion world. These make good friends, but even better acquaintances.
  • a paisley tie of average width- This person is slightly more bold. They care about what they look like, but they don't know that paisleys are overwhelming on almost every tie. Great friends, though they sometimes think they're all that.
  • an animal scene tie- This person has a wolf and cub on their tie. It's really hit or miss here. They're either your best friend for life or a seventh grade science teacher. Either way, they're unique...
  • a super-slim tie- This person either pulls off the super slim very well or disgraces it's beauty. Super-slim ties work for super-slim guys. Period. ''Super-slim with fat, don't touch that, super-slim with thin, you've got the in.''
  • a skinny tie- Hands down. The best tie. And you know what? It looks good on just about anyone. This person cares, but isn't too showy. Love the skinny tie. The skinny tie loves you.

Who am I? I am a skinny tie. I am an occasional super slim. I am an every 5th week solid. I am a millennial paisley. I am an animal scene wanna be.

When you suit your tie to everyone, the tie suits everyone to you.

Look ( SHARP ) on Sundays.

No comments:

Post a Comment