Monday, March 29, 2010

Spring Break

I've been gone for a time. Nowhere in particular. Just here and there. My emotions, however, sat out the sojourn.

And that is why I missed 8 days of blogging. Saturday, Sunday, Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday, Friday, Saturday.

If you've ever had a _________________ type of week, then you know how I feel. That's a flat line. My week had no heartbeat. The soul of the week was lost in-a tangled mess of seaweed and urchins flourishing all over the sunken hull of my now dormant boat-only a week.

And just like that, happy saturday, and lazy, wonderfully lazy sunday, picked me up. What a wonderful lift.

While I was away I learned about tons of thing I am grateful for. I wrote them down. Someday I'm going to go back a look at them. On that day I will be twice as thankful for those things I realized I am so thankful for today.

I also made a wonderful new friend. Her name is Kathryn. Kathryn makes me feel like a kid, which I've found I need for of. She makes me smile. She is small. The right size. Small enough to crawl right into my heart. Thank you Kathryn.

I have an announcement. I invented a new genre of foot Quidditch, aka muggle Quidditch. I am hosting a massive event, the first of it's kind at this University. So far, nearly 120 people have rsvp'd as attending. That means likely turnout is around 80 persons. We are about to rock the muggle world.

Quidditch, oddly enough, is a sport that takes a large amount of coordination.

What also takes a large amount of coordination, you ask? The Answer: Festival of Colors.

Celebrating a Hindu holiday by throwing hundreds of pounds of colorful chalk dust in the air was an amazing experience. And it just makes sense, no? The human specimen is a beautiful canvas-we have not the power to make it, only to mold it.

My scalp is pink, and has remained pink for a while. The chalk stains.

I can't wait for next year.

Oh, and it's good to be back. (smiley face, hug).

No comments:

Post a Comment