Friday, March 5, 2010

In Six Dimensions

Friday.

Friday is the party. day.

Today, I walked home to my new room after writing a broadcast script for a Japanese Beetle invasion of a neighborhood in a local town. The news hits hard these days, and I plan on hitting the news just as hard as it hits me.

When I got to my room, I had trouble getting my key in the lock. This wasn't your average 'I'm stupid, I put the key in upside down' type of trouble. This type of trouble was I forcibly could not get the key into the lock.

Survey says: no idea. What I did know was that my key wasn't working, and I was tired. Survey (actually) says: they switched the lock on my door without informing me. Who is they? The man. The system. The same ones that take one of your socks while you're asleep. The same ones that shine sunlight right at your eye and NOWHERE else. The same ones that put little rocks in your shoe.

After going to the help desk and getting a brand new key, I went home, unlocked my door, and breathed.

My new room feels more like home than my old. Still, not home, but 'like.'

Later in the night I watched a new movie, "Alice in Wonderland." This remake of an old classic (one which I had never before seen) was horrifying. I honestly have never been more terrified (disturbed) in my life.

Before the movie started, I took my seat and watched the previews. I first put on my 3D glasses. Then I put on a second pair.

Seeing life in six dimensions is substantially more exciting than seeing life through only my eyes. From six dimensions I can see in ultra, retro, intrusive, future, and arial perspectives. From six dimensions I can see the back of my head and stare through to the front, all up from my toes.

'Cool' people are often only 'cool' to the naked eye. 'Beautiful' people are often only 'beautiful' in plain sight.

Try it again;

Try it again in six dimensions.


No comments:

Post a Comment