Tuesday, March 2, 2010

Chicken Parm.

Monday was a great day. I slept till 11, went to class, wrote a song, went to class, worked on a group project, went to a friends apartment, cooked+ate dinner there, worked out, came home, laid in bed.

And now I'm here.

Today was my new friend Scott's birthday. Walking from 'psuedostronomy' to a campus cafe, Scott, Alissa, and myself, made a good deal of noise. Every passer by was informed that it was Scott's birthday, and about 50% offered their sincerest (grunt?) congratulations at his (visible?) aging.

When worrying about what other people think, you lose sight of what's most important: what YOU think. Are you fat? who cares. How's your hair? I certainly don't. Am I walking funny? How should I know.

If you stop worrying about yourself, you will have more time to enjoy yourself, and others. Maybe that smile you shoot to that one person you haven't seen lately is just what they needed. But who can flash a smile when their thoughts are distant with the wind's constant, unavoidable onslaught of the posterior cowlick?

If you give a moose a muffin, he'll eventually set up camp in your house. Don't let those little habits/peeves become a 'moosesense nuisance.'

When helping cook dinner at my friends apartment, I was the official chicken pounder. Wielding a giant meat hammer, I used my (very) basic cooking knowledge to tenderize (to perfection?).

This dish: Chicken Parmesan.

Without my cave-mannish contribution to the dinner, it would not have been properly completed. Because I did my part, all went as planned, and everyone was happy.

I suppose Chicken Parmesan is a dish we all feel every day. When someone forgets to bread, when others forget to bake, when YOU forget to marinade...the dish turns for disaster.

Do your part, and tenderize. Besides, you're not the only one who needs to be fed.

No comments:

Post a Comment