Monday, March 8, 2010

Smiling Abs & Social Acid

Today was monday.

I worked out today for one hour. My regiment of choice? P90X, Core Synergistics.

If you've never done P90X, do it. It's pretty insane. It hurts, but it's a wonderful hurt. In the words of Tony, "I hate it, but I love it."

30 minutes into the workout (which I've done MANY times) I was not extremely happy.

But what's awesome is that I keep going. I keep going all the way through, every time, despite the pain.

I wish I could be that strong when it comes to...girls, schooling, religion, family...

Too often I give up before I've reached my limit. Flexing my personality is easy. But then, so is overdosing on social acid.

As for love gained and love lost, I've had my share. As I push through the emotional strain of everyday life, I try to say "I love you."

If you tell them that you love them, then they'll know you love them.
If you show them you love them, they'll love you back.

If you fight through the pain, tell them, show them, push further, and love them still, then, and only then, you will have made a lifelong friend.

Work your smile like you work your abs, amp up your devotion like you pump up your arms, and always, always, build your love.

No comments:

Post a Comment