Sunday, February 28, 2010

Echoes

I've been writing my own music for about 2 years now, and every time I want to write a new song, I sit down, and I write it.

Music has always just been something that flows. Poetry flows. Words flow. (Sometimes) I am good with words.

Tonight (saturday) I sat in a long tunnel that runs underground between two buildings on campus. The acoustics there are amazing. Even a whisper can be heard from end to end. The tunnel is a few HUNDRED feet long. Talk about unbeatable.

After sitting for an hour, leaned up against the wall, singing my heart and soul out in this amazing environment, I quietly packed up and went home.

No one ever knew I was there, besides the friend that tagged along (Eric), and I expect no one will. I do however, plan to return every weekend to hear the echo as it rings on through that beautiful concert hall.

As for my road to financial freedom, I am on my way. I have payed off any and all fiscal responsibilities and am moving quickly into the black!

I am still searching for a job, I am focused on schooling, and I love my life.

But then, isn't that just an echo? Yes, I think I've played this song many times before.

No comments:

Post a Comment