Sunday, February 21, 2010

Letting Go of the Credit Card

I called my parents for help last night. They have access to my accounts and know just how broke I am.

I asked my dad what I should do, and in the meantime I reminded him that I need to stay focused on what is most important: my schooling (my social life...).

Both my parents agreed on one thing that was best for me.

Today, at noon, I will walk shamefully to the post office, and mail my bank card home. I am officially cutting off my ability to spend money.

I also paved some new ground: friends with cash. I'm going on a date this saturday night. And guess what? She's paying for it! After digging $100+ in on dates, I think it's about time for a role reversal.

The next step: sell everything. That's right, I'm selling almost everything I own (including half of my wardrobe). Check out my "What's For Sale" page. You'll laugh, I guarantee it.

Now that I'm completely cut off, there's no way I can spend. This is going to be rough.

1 comment:

  1. maybe you can find girls that like dates to the cannon center, paid for with your meal plan.

    ReplyDelete