Monday, February 22, 2010

Walking

Today was my first day without my bank card.

Today was the first day I did not spend a single cent outside of my alloted college funds (meal plan-$12/day).

Today was the first day I did not ask my friends for money.

Today was a good day :)

I think that sometimes when we free ourselves from what holds us back, we can more easily see what pushes us forward. I mean it like this: everyday I walk to class, probably ten minutes up onto campus then into the right (sometimes wrong) classroom. Every time I make this walk I have between 10-15 interactions (I've been counting!). Today I appreciated my 26 (13/walk) interactions much more than usual.

Without worries of money money money riding heavy on the brim of my brain, pulling down my brow, I was able to sooooaaaaakkkk it all in. I have so much to be happy for. Thank you numbers 1-26; you make my walk worth every step.

No comments:

Post a Comment