Friday, May 7, 2010

to mama, too

This is the only recorded record that will ever explain why I wrote this album. That's right, there's finally another album of music.

I feel good. I put my heart and soul and sole into these songs.

They're about a kid, who was raised by wolves. They're about what happens when his father dies, when he finds out he dies, when he can't succeed his father as head of the pack, when he leaves, when he looks back, when he moves forward.

It's hard to express the amazing sort of feeling you get when you write an out of body sort of song like these ones.

Every song consisted of me sitting down and putting myself into this story that I fabricated in my mind, and throwing all the emotion from that story into a song. Of course, since I am not Jeremiah, I can't put his every feeling into the song as effectively as he would (if he were real), but I think I've done all I can.

This album is just......i don't know how to describe it except that it's real and natural and i just flows.

Originally I wrote all the songs to fit together like a puzzle so they could be played as one big continuous song, but then I realized that life isn't like that.

There's stages. There's phases.

There are some elements of my life in the songs, but who knows where one runs into the other.

Most of the songs are almost conversational between Jeremiah and his wolf mother. This creates an often obscure tone and language that really is often hard to interpret.

I hope, when you get the chance, you can join me and enjoy Jeremiah's Songs.


No comments:

Post a Comment