Saturday, June 26, 2010

Good Heartache

Completely lost

When I pulled away my thoughts were racing but my heart was still full and warm. As I pulled in the driveway miles and miles down the road my racing turned to ache. Pure ache.

Ugh. 'home.'

but not really. not "ugh 'home'" but actually

Ugh. my heart actually hearts. Good heartache? This is new. This is most definitely new. Bad heartache is easy enough to describe. It's just heartbreak. It hurts. And you can pinpoint the reason and you know the solution.

Good heartache is obtuse. Try to describe what choking feels like. Choking on a hard candy. It's slick, smooth. It's almost soothing. Then the realization sets in. Oh my gosh this thing is stuck in my throat. Okay try to breath. Oh my gosh I can't breath. Wait that was an overreaction. I can whisper so I can breath.

My breath is stunted, and I don't like it at all. But I love the fact that someone is there, holding my air supply for me till I get back. I've found a better friend in an old friend. A better friend in a best friend. A warm hand in a best friend. Tip-toes in a best friend.

'hdasihemllnymaoe'
231157910311441312615816
and my home is my heart forever.

No comments:

Post a Comment